- University of California, Los Angeles. M.F.A. Motion Picture & Television Production.
- San Diego State University, M.A. Program, thirty-eight graduate credits, Writer & Literature Program
- University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, B.A. Literature, Minor Education.
- American University, Washington D.C., graduate Literature courses
- St. Mary’s College, Louisville, Kentucky, Philosophy, Latin, Literature
- American University, Washington D.C., Adjunct Professor, SOC (School of Communications), Film and screenwriting, Fall 2013.
- Saint Monica Catholic High School, Santa Monica, CA. English, Writing, Photography, World Religion, Substitute Teacher, Varsity Tennis Coach, 2006- 2011.
- United States Embassy, International Conference, La Paz and Cochabamba, Bolivia, Taught two screenwriting & producer seminars to exec. producers, producers, directors and screenwriters, 1996.
- UCLA Extension, film and screenwriting faculty, (1991-1993).
- La Mesa College, San Diego, CA. Screenwriting. Film Theory & Criticism., 1986-1988.
- The Bishop’s Schools, La Jolla, CA. Literature, Advanced Literature, Film Studies, Expository & Creative Writing, 1976- 1980.
- Bishop McNamara. Suitland, Maryland. Literature, AP Literature, Novel Form, Expository & Creative Writing, 1972 – 1975.
- Calvert County School System, Prince Frederick, Maryland. Literature and Writing, 1971.
- “Ready Or Not, Here I Come,” documentary. Producer and Director, aired one-hour PBS, half-hour version on WTBS with follow-up live national panel: Congressman Claude Pepper, Pulitizer Prize winner Dr. Robert Butler, Dr. E. Percil Stanford, Dr. Suzanne Steinmetz, Leonard Cohen, Esq., produced live segments of Elder Abuse documentary to air on CNN & ABC. Endorsed by AARP.
- Guest producer and director on Oprah Winfrey Show for elder abuse documentary.
- “Pregnancy on the Rocks: Fetal Alcohol Syndrome,” one hour documentary on Fetal Acohol Syndrome, co-producer and writer with Peter Glaws Productions, San Diego, CA. PBS & ABC.
- The Asphalt Diamond, motion picture feature film, co-production by Ed Asner, Edward J. Olmos (Olmos Productions) & John Weiskopf (Aeolian Film Group) with Arsenio Hall Productions in conjunction with Paramount Motion Pictures, optioned by Dale Pollock (A&M Films), co-producers Dale Pollock & John Weiskopf, optioned by Motion Picture Producers of America in a studio deal with Orion Motion Pictures, co-producer with casting director and producer Mike Fenton.
- Listen In The Dark, motion picture feature film, Producer and Director, co-production optioned by Dog & Pony Productions & Beau Gooliack Productions, John Foster, Irving, Texas.
- The Ascendancy, motion picture feature film, Producer, first in trilogy (currently in development)
- “63” motion picture feature film, Producer and Director (currently in development)
- Guest Producer and Director on KPBS, San Diego, CA.
- The Ascendancy: Beyond 2012, adapted screenplay of novel (2012)
- “63” screenplay for motion picture feature film
- The Brothers, synopsis, treatment and character sketch for international television pilot. Hired by SDC Films, Inc., Beverly Hills, CA
- Jacob’s Bean: On the Edge of New Millennium, motion picture screenplay.
- The Asphalt Diamond, motion picture screenplay, story by John Weiskopf, screenplay by John Weiskopf & Chris Kobin, owned by John Weiskopf and Aeolian Film Group.
- Listen In The Dark, motion picture screenplay.
- Brainlink, story and motion picture screenplay by John Weiskopf and Thomas Allen Nelson, optioned Aeolian Film Group.
- The Complex, story and motion picture screenplay by John Weiskopf and Thomas Allen Nelson, optioned Aeolian Film Group & Grandview Pictures.
- Comfy, motion picture screenplay.
- Passage, story and motion picture screenplay by John Weiskopf and Randy Volheim.
- “Ready Or Not, Here I Come,” documentary. Uncredited teleplay on Elder Abuse aired on CNN & ABC.
- “Pregnancy on the Rocks: Fetal Alcohol Syndrome,” co-screenwriter with Peter Glaws, PBS.
- “The Suzuki Way,” documentary, Southwest Cable, San Diego, CA.
AUTHOR & NOVELIST:
- “Jack, The Apple, & The Bean” Novel (2013).
- “Adele’s Christmas Tree” Children Story (2010).
- “The Surprise Package” short story (2012).
- “The Ascendancy: 2012 & Beyond” Young Adult edition novel (2012).
- “The Waynack’s Word” book two in Jacob’s Bean Trilogy Series (currently writing)
- “The Ascendancy” first book in the Jacob’s Bean Trilogy Series (2006). Published iUniverse, author book signings at schools, LA Times Festival of Books, West Hollywood Book Fair, Barnes & Noble retail stores, AAFES bases, and other booksellers in California, Texas, North & South Carolina, Georgia, and Maryland. Novel available on Amazon.com and Barnes&Noble.com, interviewed on WFMD, WTKK and KFI
NEWSPAPER, MAGAZINE & INTERNET JOURNALIST:
- “Australian Consolidated Press,” article on the Galapagos Islands, Jessica Oil Spill.
- Lawcrossing.com reviews of award-winning non-fiction books, Bushworld: Enter at Your Own Risk by Maureen Dowd, Confidence: How Winning Streaks and Losing Streaks Begin & End by Rosabeth Moss Kanter, His Brother’s Keeper by Jonathan Weiner.
- Photos published in Los Angeles Times, LA Weekly, Washington Redskin Review, The Orange County Register, Disney DYSO Newsletter, MTA Metro News & MetroQuarterly, The Four Winds Society, Sierra Club newsletter, Young Musician’s Symphony, Edye Rugolo & Henry Mancini, Gale Purse, Producers.
- “The Gallup Independent Newspaper,” independent journalist. Gallup, New Mexico.
- “Granada Hills Grapevine,” journalist, Granada Hills Little League newsletter.
- “Sunriser,” journalist, Sunrise Little League newsletter, Winnetka, CA.
AWARDS & DISTINCTIONS:
- Interviewed for KCRW 30-minute national radio program, “The Couple in 303,” Producer Gideon Brower.
- Guest author-lecturer at St. John’s College Prep High School, Washington D.C.
- Representative for United States Embassy (USIA), South American Cultural Film Conference on screenwriting and producing, La Paz, Bolivia
- Greater Los Angeles Writers Society (GLAWS) Program Director
- Director & Organizer, Los Angeles Times Festival of Books
- Director & Organizer, West Hollywood Book Fair
- Director & Organizer, Ray Bradbury Tribute and award presentation to Ray Bradbury
- Lowell Davies Graduate Fellowship for Outstanding Teacher Award, La Jolla, CA
- Guest Lecturer at University of Michigan National Film Conference.
- Guest Speaker on Capital Hill for Press Club on topic of elder abuse
- The Oprah Winfrey Show, (Guest Filmmaker)
- Received United States Patent on Innovative Easel Design.
- Lifetime teaching Credential for California Junior Colleges
- Maryland State Teaching Credential